March 22, 2017 by Paul Dughi
Instagram has roughly 600 million monthly active users, according to Omnicore. About half of them use it daily, uploading 95 million photos every day! Now, Instagram has added live video and it’s pretty easy to use. Unlike Facebook, though, once your videos end, they can no longer be seen.
To start a live video:
- Tap in the top left of the screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap Liveat the bottom of the screen, then tap Start Live Video. Your followers may be notified when you start a live video.
- The number of viewers appears in the top right of the screen, and comments appear at the bottom. Tap Commentto add a comment, and tap and hold a comment to pin it to the top so that viewers can see it more easily.
- To turn comments off, tap then select Turn Off Commenting. Keep in mind that any keyword filters you’ve turned on will also apply to comments on your live video.
- When you’re done, tap Endin the top right then tap to confirm.
New accounts may not have access to live video right away, according to Instagram.